Position Summary: The Human Resources Manager is a self-starting, highly motivated individual responsible for the development, implementation and updating of the Alderville First Nation (AFN) human resources policies, procedures & standards, recruitment & selection and for the supervision of staff charged with responsibility of components of the HR function including Group Health & Pension Plans, administration of staff timesheets, preparation of reports and any other duties assigned by the First Nation Administrator and/or Chief & Council.... Read More
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
Provides advice and counsel to the First Nation Administrator and/or Chief & Council in all matters related to HR Management for AFN; attends Council meetings upon request.
Provides coaching to Program Coordinators, Supervisors, & Managers with HR Management capacity building; manages any staff complaint and/or grievance procedure.
Ensures AFN Human Resources policies & procedures are implemented, followed and reporting is completed.
Reports on the adequacy of personnel policies, procedures & standards in relation to operational issues.
Press Apply to view the full job description
Alderville First Nation is implementing succession planning for the Health & Social Services Department to ensure sufficient time for knowledge sharing, leadership development and a smooth transition of responsibilities to the next Health and Social Services Manager. As such, AFN is initiating a recruitment search for an Incoming Health & Social Services Manager. You will bring senior management level experience and will mentor under and work closely with Phyllis Williams over the next two years. If you, or someone you know, may be interested in this opportunity you are encouraged to review the following job posting and apply for this position.... Read More
Through succession planning, the Incoming Manager of Health & Social Services will mentor under and further develop capacity to take on the full responsibility of the general management of AFN’s Health and Social Services Department under the direction and guidance of the current Health & Social Services Manager.
Key Job Functions:
• Provides leadership, supervision and direction to the health and social services staff, maintaining complete confidentiality in recognition of the privacy entitlements of all members of the AFN Community.
• Provides direction for planning, organizing and coordination of all health and social services activities, programs, and services.
• Liaise with various levels of government as deemed appropriate in upholding the overall goals and objectives.
• Promotes and encourages community participation and awareness of local Health & Social Services Programs
Press Apply to see all details
Position Summary: The Lands & Estate Administrator is responsible for overseeing all matters related to Alderville First Nation lands, wills and estates. ... Read More
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
• Manages and maintains all records associated with the AFN lands including commercial, residential, industrial and agricultural leases, permits, rights of way, and all legal documentation.
• Maintains and develops records and ensures the integrity and strict confidentially of all estate information, including the development and maintenance of all client estate and other records; and coordination of Matrimonial Real Property Law as it relates to the on-reserve home.
• Key resource for historical knowledge that affects the lands and people of AFN.
Press Apply to view all details
Position Summary: The Alderville First Nation Day Care is recruiting for a kind and caring Registered Early Childcare Educator (RECE) responsible for providing educational programming and other learning activities for the children and to assist them with their personal needs.... Read More
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS - HIGHLIGHTS
• Collaborates closely with all other members of the Child Care Program Team to provide nurturing care and education to young children in a group setting;
• Works in accordance with the goals and curriculum plans of the Child Care Centre as well as the philosophy and policies of the Centre and in compliance with the Early Years and Child Care Act.
Press Apply To View All Details
Position Summary: Reporting into the First Nation Manager, the Day Care Manager is responsible for the implementation of a safe, secure, and stimulating environment designed to motivate Alderville First Nation (AFN) Daycare Staff to develop a setting for children to learn through discovery. Ensures that Daycare Staff provides programming that enhances cultural awareness interwoven throughout daily activities and into every aspect of the Daycare.... Read More
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS - HIGHLIGHTS
• Responsible for the overall management and supervision of Daycare staff and AFN
• Ensures that the Ministry of Education, Child Care Early Years Act (CCEYA)and College of
Early Childhood Education policies and procedure guidelines are met and approved by
Chief & Council.
• Manages and maintains enrollment of children into the AFN Daycare Centre, schedules
orientation dates with parents.
• Ensures AFN Chief & Council and First Nation Administrator are provided with progress
Press Apply To See More Details