Provide direction, guidance and support to member First Nations Chiefs, Councils, staff and community members in community based business projects; Provide analysis of government (First Nation, federal and provincial) legislation, regulations and policies that affect OTC member First Nations.
· Training Purchases
· Wage Subsidies
· Summer Student Employment
· Workshops for Youth
· Employment Counselling
· Self Employment Assistance
· Referrals to other Employment or Education Programs
· Career Decision Making
· Labour Market Information
· Resume Writing
· Job Finding Skills
· Apprenticeship Support
· On-the-job Training
Please complete, print and bring the following forms to your first appointment.
To qualify for an ISETS program, a person must:
There are no internal positions available at this time.
Will oversee day to day operation of two outlets and will work with the Ownership group to increase profitability and expand into other areas of QSR (Quick Service Restaurant).... Read More
• Continually assess and improve all aspects of business operations, day-to-day execution, cost controls, and building team bench strength. Direct area of responsibility will include the management of all operations, training, maintenance, and profitability.
• Develop, train, coach and lead the operations team to exceed all targets through enhancing their performance and the guest experience. Proactively develop area and restaurant level managerial talent within the organization to minimize turnover to create an effective succession plan to enable successful restaurant growth.
• Embrace and enhance the corporate franchisor identity and culture throughout the organization.
• Collaborate with direct reports and the Ownership group to develop a comprehensive and provide the effective and inspiring operating leadership necessary to grow the organization.
• Attain the financial objectives of the business through effective management of people, product, service and processes including a focus on the revenue and profit components.
• Identify, develop and monitor strategic initiatives of the brand in the local marketplace and its major competitors.
Perform special projects as required.
Vera is a proud member of Curve Lake First Nation and currently works as Employment Officer for Ogemawahj Tribal Council since Sept 2015. Knowledge and appreciation of Anishinabek culture, language and heritage.Read More
20 Yrs experience in Employment Counselling, the last ten under the ASET Program
Vera ‘s employment history includes: OFIFC/Can Am Indian Friendship Centre of Windsor as Employment Counsellor- delivery of Aboriginal Skills & Employment Training programs, 10 yrs.,
Federal Government - Transport Canada clerical position 10 yrs., and Casino Rama Recruiter - Human Resources 10 yrs.
Collaboration, partnership development, group facilitation and public speaking, financial budgeting and reporting experience.
Graduate of Aboriginal Community Development Certification program from George Brown College.
Supporting OTC communities in our programs and service delivery provide a sense of pride as we continue to strive for continuous success in our people.