DUTIES: Under the direction of the First Nation Manager and Council, the Community Consultation Specialist (CCS) will implement MSIFN’s Community Consultation Protocol that guides requests for consultation with MSIFN. The CCS will develop and implement a comprehensive MSIFN Consultation Policy related to on and off reserve lands. Consultations with MSIFN will also be guided by the implementation of the Williams Treaties settlement, and the protection of the boundaries and constitutionally protected rights to harvest.... Read More
Capacity Building: Research, Self- Study, and Community Information Exchange
• Research and review the evolution of the legal Duty of Consultation for Aboriginal people and engage in ongoing professional development/technical training appropriate to the position.
• Liaise with Scugog, Durham and other municipal planners to research and review obligations under the Planning Act for Ontario as it relates to MSIFN.
• Complete a critical review of the Scugog Township Official Plan and Durham Region Growth Plan to understand any limitations on how MSIFN plans to proceed with consultation.
• Research and review the Lands Management Act and related legislation, and other local area First Nation consultation procedures that may exist in accordance with traditional and local laws concerning land and resource development.
Press Apply To See Full Job Posting
DUTIES: Lands Administration • Administer the MSIFN Land Code, related laws, policies and procedures to regulate land use and to obtain the highest benefit of land use for MSIFN citizens. • Recommend amendments to the MSIFN Land Code as necessary. • Ensure administrative measures and controls are developed to meet the requirements of MSIFN by monitoring and evaluating the efficiency of services. • Develop and maintain a registry of MSIFN Land Laws. ... Read More
Press Apply to see Details
OVERVIEW MSIFN is currently seeking a team-oriented MOECC-Licensed Water/Wastewater Operators to join its Crossfunctional Utility Team for the operation of its water and wastewater systems. The Cross-functional Team will monitor, operate, and maintain the water and wastewater treatment plants; and the water distribution and wastewater collection systems at performance levels that meet regulatory standards in Ontario. They will provide reliable uninterrupted water and wastewater services to the MSIFN community with the assistance of Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition Systems (SCADA) and a Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS). ... Read More
• Monitor, control, and respond to alarms for the water treatment plants and the water distribution and wastewater collection system using SCADA Systems. • Conduct routine onsite security checks of the treatment plant and surrounding structures, operational review of the treatment processes, chemical feed systems, pumping systems, interpreting readouts on onsite meters, analysers, and other monitoring devices. Make adjustments to optimize the water and wastewater treatment processes and record process and equipment performance
Press Apply To See All The Details